Friday, December 7, 2012

Trees, Babies, and Killing Dinner

I was bored yesterday afternoon and wanted to get out of the house.  I knew my preference for a walk wasn't going to fly with the kids, so I told them to suit up and get it in the car.  All their requests to know where we were going fell on deaf ears (my favorite way to do things as it both builds anticipation and cuts down on any whining if they don't want to go to said place).

Back in October when I ran the 5K, the girls discovered a hollow tree that they've been begging me to revisit so they could show it to their brother.  I finally took them back yesterday.  David got to go inside the hollow tree.



After taking turns in the tree, we walked down to the river.  But with my kids, nothing is ever just a short jaunt to anywhere.  Oh no.  They all took off prancing through the woods like two-legged deer looking for paths and other fun things.  This is how they discovered their very own beaver home, otherwise known as a bunch of fallen down trees.  They were in heaven.  I ended up sitting on a log for over an hour while they played all over the trees discovering every nook and cranny that they could squeeze their bodies into.




Can I fit in there without getting stuck???

I got to do something amazing this week.  I met and held my newest, precious, little nephew.  He snuggled up and I didn't want to let him go.  I threatened to take him home from the hospital with me, but my brother reminded me that the alarm would sound if I tried it.  Right.  But I did offer to babysit so I could get my hands on him again.




One last picture to give you a laugh.  I was excited about the dinner I had planned for yesterday.  I've made this dish before, only I always used bone-in chicken pieces.  I had the bright idea to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinking it would turn out the same.  I got distracted with trying to order Christmas presents for my girls for their Grandma to give them.  I forgot about dinner in the oven.  By the time I went to check on it, dinner was a bit...crispy.  We ended up tossing dinner and going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  The whole way there the kids thanked me for ruining dinner so we could go out.  I haven't done that in a really, really long time.  Hubby was just happy that I didn't throw it out the back door like I did with the fish ten years ago.


Formerly known as chicken, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and onions






Week 15 in the series of 52 Weeks of New


No comments:

Post a Comment