Friday, September 21, 2012

52 Weeks of New: Week 4



It was a slow week for trying new things, but I did manage to come up with a few things.  First up, a lunch date with Hubby.

You heard right.  A lunch date.  Just me and Hubby.  Sans kids.  In the middle of the day.  Crazy, I know.  My kids are participating in a co-op this year.  I teach one class first thing in the morning and then I am free from 11:00-4:00pm.  It is fabulous to do my grocery shopping.  By myself.  To run errands.  Alone.  So this week I decided to meet Hubby for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants--Qdobas.  Burritos are yummy.  We got to chat and make googly-eyes across the table.  We laughed and enjoyed being together.  While we love our kids, it's nice to sometimes get out just the two of us.

My next new thing to try this week was a whole lot more difficult than a lunch date.  I ran two miles without stopping.  Just me, the pavement, and my MP3 player.  I ran it twice this week.  On Sunday I thought I was going to die by the end of my run.  My asthma kicked in with a vengeance and I spent the next four hours coughing.  My body did not thank me for that decision.  I ran it again on Thursday and while difficult, it was considerably easier than the first time.  I've finished week six of the Couch to 5K program and I am feeling pretty accomplished to have made it this far.  I can actually see myself finishing the program and running a 5K.  I couldn't say that even a month ago when I was huffing and puffing my way through a three minute run.  

My final thing was to try a new recipe.  It involved mashed potatoes, sausage, red peppers, and beef gravy.  It was not delicious.  I should have just thrown the recipe away when I saw it in the paper.  The leftovers have been sitting, untouched, in my refrigerator for four days now.  But every new recipe can't be a success.  Hopefully my next attempt at a new recipe will be better.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment