Friday, September 14, 2012

52 Weeks of New: Week 3


Week 3 of my 52 Weeks of New Challenge was a fun one.

First up--Eating something nasty.  Everyone in my family likes brussel sprouts except me.  I buy them for Hubby in a frozen package that he can throw in the microwave whenever I forget to make a veggie for dinner.  The kids all happily steal them from him.  I decided that I was going to try roasting them since my sister swears that they taste good that way.  I found a recipe online that looked decent and made it for dinner on Wednesday.  Wouldn't you know, my sister was right?!  They actually were tasty, and I plan on making them again.  Of course, my kids all declared them not as good as normal because they like the bitter taste.  Whose kids are they???

Second--A new experience.  Yesterday was nature walk day in our homeschool.  I thought about taking the kids to one of our normal spots around town, but thought we'd find more to look at if we went to a nature center.  I have wanted to go there alone with the kids but have always been a bit scared to go without another adult.  You're hiking through the woods on paths with very few, if any, other people.  Who knows if there is some murderer just lurking out there in the woods waiting to pounce.  I bucked up and took the kids anyway.  We had a lot of fun and I'm glad I got over my fear and just did it already.



Third--I hit a milestone in my Couch to 5K program: I passed the 4 week mark.  I have attempted the program twice before, but have never done more than 4 weeks of it.  This week I completed week 5.  Wednesday as I was running, I actually had the thought that running is actually kinda fun once you get past the whole gasping for breath, super sore muscles, running is horrible phase.  I even considered running an extra day this week, but life got in the way and I didn't.  Maybe next week.

Fourth--Doing something extra scary.  I taught my first co-op class this week.  I wasn't even nervous or embarrassed.  It was weird.  I would even go so far as to say that I actually had fun.  My kids all said that my class was the most fun out of the four classes, so I must have done alright.

Overall, this has been a good week.  I've conquered a few fears, tried a vegetable in a new way and discovered I actually like it, and had a lot of fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment