Friday, April 13, 2012

A Few Good Deals

I have been keeping my eye on a few products that I really want to buy, but have been waiting for a better deal.  Today one of those products finally went on sale.  Woot!  I've been reading a lot about the benefits of coconut oil, but Hubby would only approve a few specific varieties due to the way that SOME coconut oil is processed (lets just say it involves bug residue, ewwwww).  If you aren't careful, you can get sick off contaminated coconut oil.

A deal came through today on Amazon.com and I knew it was time to buy.  So if you are like me and have been waiting for your chance, today's the day.  If you buy it using subscribe and save, you get it even cheaper (and you can always cancel your subscription at any time).  I can't wait to try out my new coconut oil on my cast iron cookware.

My cast iron dutch oven that I saved up Swagbucks gift cards to buy

I love cooking with fresh herbs, but hate having to buy cut herbs every time I need them, letting half of them go to waste because I can't use them up fast enough.  We grew basil in an indoor planter last summer and it lasted through the entire winter and is still growing strong.

My basil plant

My oregano and chives are outside and I'm already able to use them in my cooking.  But what I really want is an indoor herb garden with cilantro, basil, oregano, parsley and thyme, which are the main fresh herbs I use.  Yesterday I bought two more potted herbs (thyme and parsley) that need to be repotted, so I went searching online to find the right planter.  I wanted a long window sill planter so they can go in the window above my kitchen sink.  I found a 36 inch sand colored planter that includes a saucer for only $14.67.  Pretty soon I'm going to have one really cool herb garden right at my fingertips that will save me money all year.


Thyme, Parsley, and my attempts at starting Cilantro from seeds





No comments:

Post a Comment