Saturday, April 7, 2012

Butterflies Galore



We took a family field trip to a butterfly garden this morning.  I've only been to one once--My mother-in-law and I took the kids to a Monarch butterfly garden last summer.  The kids loved it, but Lizzy was beyond thrilled.  She is my child who loves pretty insects and treats them like her personal pets.

My parents took the kids to the local garden last weekend because they were watching them for the weekend while Hubby and I were away on an adults only vacation (we try to do this annually for a little grown up time with our friends).  My kids loved it and wanted to go back and share the experience with their visiting cousins.

Lizzy loved every minute of the trip.  They have little stations where you can dip your finger in a solution that the butterflies like so you can try to catch a butterfly on your finger.  Lizzy must have caught over 15 butterflies.



David tried his best, but he is just not as patient as Lizzy when it comes to slowly letting the butterflies crawl onto your finger.  He wanted to catch them between his hands.  He did manage to get 6, but he got pretty frustrated in the process.



Joy really wanted to get a butterfly on her finger, but she wasn't very good at it.  She spent the first half of our visit pouting because she couldn't catch one.



When she finally managed to get one on her finger, she was very pleased with herself.


 I will definitely be putting an annual butterfly garden visit onto our yearly field trip roster.  We had a really fun time.



No comments:

Post a Comment