Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Craft Time on Ladybug Farms

After unearthing my sewing desk, I discovered a few unfinished projects that were just begging to be completed.  So I cracked out the thread and got to work.


I am in the process of teaching my girls how to sew.  We started with something very basic that involved only sewing straight lines.  Pillows.  Pillows for dolls, stuffed animals, and other assorted toys.  Lizzy had already made two before Joy decided she wanted to try making one--unfortunately she made this decision about a half hour before dinner, so we only got two sides sewn before I set it down and forgot about it.  But, we finished it up and now she's a happy girl.





















The next project I finished up was a hand bag that I started back in December and had almost completed.  It only lacked a strap.  I was going to give it to one of the girls, but they both really want it.  So I will be putting it away until Christmas and will have to sew a second one for the other girl.  I plan to sew their initials onto their bags.



Side B modeled by Joy
Side A modeled by Lizzy






















I'm thankful for...

Big boxes.

I got my REALLY BIG planter today in the mail and it came in a REALLY BIG box.  The girls are having a lot of fun playing with it.



Trees in bloom.

The tree outside my window came into bloom yesterday and it is beautiful.  Too bad I'm allergic to said tree, but it is pretty through a glass window where the pollen can't get to me.



Clean water.

My missionary friend posted a picture on his blog of where they get their water.  It is a well that requires them to lower a bucket into the ground.  It reminds me just how lucky I am to have both clean water and indoor plumbing, something that the majority of the world does not have.


No comments:

Post a Comment