Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Drop Everything and Have a Tea Party

Tea Party complete with hats


The kids went to visit their grandmas yesterday afternoon.  David went to G.G.'s (his great-grandma) to play a game of Rummikub while the girls went to my mom's to play.  I stayed home and worked on my basement.  Half an hour after the kids left, I got a phone call from my mom.

"The girls wanted to have a tea party so I thought we should go to the flower shop in town that now sells tea and coffee and have it there.  Do you want to join us?  Grandma and David are coming, too."

So of course I had to drop everything I was doing and go have fun.  The girls came running home desperately searching for their hats because apparently in Grandma-World, you can't have a tea party without wearing a hat.  They also dug my hat out of the closet and insisted I wear one, too.  Awesome.

We all loaded into Mom's van and went to the flower shop.  We had tea, hot cocoa and bottled juice.  We ate rice crispy treats and salt water taffy.  We spent an hour laughing and talking and then we went home.

Sometimes life just demands that we drop everything and have a tea party.

David and G.G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment