Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Life In Twenty Years...A Writing Assignment

For this week's writing assignment, I asked my kids to write about what they thought their lives would be like in twenty years.  All I can say is that I learned a lot about their future dreams.  Mainly, that my job here is not done.  My favorite essay for sure is David's.




My favorite sentence: I don't have a wife because I don't take useless showers.  

I assure you that I do force him to shower on a regular basis despite his complaints.  As to his bathing habits in the future--one can only hope and pray his opinion changes.


Lizzy is my country girl.  Whenever we play the game of Life, she always wants to buy the log cabin for her house.  She wants a small house in the country with a farm.  But why it even occurred to her to write about the size of her future bed, I have no clue.  




One day when we were asking the kids what car they'd want when they grew up, Lizzy said she wanted a pink slug bug.  She then said she wanted to have five kids.  When we informed her that she wouldn't be able to fit her five kids into her tiny slug bug, she amended her family size to fit her car.  


Joy is my silly girl who is already stressing over the idea of having to move out.  "How will I move out?  Will I have to walk with all my stuff to my new house?  I know.  You can give me your van and buy a new car." 

A translation for those who can't read five-year-old chicken scratch:

I will live at the lake house.  I will work at the fish hatchery.   



But Joy's real desire is to marry a nice man--and she'll make him get a job while she stays home with the kids.  The fish hatchery is her fall back plan.

So there you have it.  The future dreams of my children.  All I can say is that at least it's better than Hubby's childhood aspiration of being a garbage man and my dream of being an Olympic gymnast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment