Saturday, August 4, 2012

Short Straw Bride Book Review



Short-Straw Bride, Karen Witemeyer, 978-0-7642-0965-9


There's nothing like curling up with a good book while on vacation.  That's just what I did last week.  I got the mail on Saturday morning and the latest review book copy from Bethany House Publishers was sitting there waiting for me.  I was super excited when I saw the title- Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer because it was a book I had on my wish list to read anyway.  And it arrived just in time to go on vacation with me!

I didn't read it fast like I usually would if I'd been at home.  I had to read it in snippets because there was almost always someone to talk to or something to do that would take me away from reading.  But I finished it on the very last morning right before it was time to get packing to come home.

The book starts with a young Meredith having an encounter with one of the four infamous Archer boys, Travis, that forever shapes her life.  Fast forward twelve years when Meredith overhears a plot to do harm to the Archer family.  She tries to enlist help from the authorities but they ignore her.  So she warns the Archers herself and ends up getting injured in the process.

After the four brothers draw straws, Meredith finds herself marrying the loser (winner?) at a shot-gun wedding.  Of course Meredith and her groom learn to love each other, but not without a few twists and turns along the way.

Short-Straw Bride did not disappoint.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and really hope that there are plans in the works to turn this book into a series highlighting the other three Archer brothers.  The book left me in love with all of the Archer brothers and wanting to know how they all turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment