Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Bucket List Check In


It's hard to believe that summer is over half gone.  We're in the last days of July already.  As I looked at my calendar this morning, I realized that there are still things on my Summer Bucket List that we haven't gotten to yet.  I am making a plan for August to make sure we check off everything on my list.

So far we have done six things on the list.

1. Built a fort out of downed wood.



2. Pack a picnic lunch and go fishing.



3. Fly a kite.

4. Watch the clouds drift by on a hot, summer day.




7. Paint nature scenes while sitting outside.

8. Go on a bird watching hike.

9. Go canoeing and/or tubing down a river.

10. Buy a pup tent that the kids can set up themselves and play in outside.  


The month of August will find us flying a kite, painting outside, bird watching, and canoeing or tubing if I can talk Hubby into it.  We usually canoe and tube when we're at the lake house, but this year the drought has lowered the water level of the river to the point that we would get swamped every few feet.  We would need to find a different, deeper river than normal.  But I'm not giving up hope.  We still have another month of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment