Monday, April 22, 2013

They Zip Up!!!

Sitting in the sun soaking up some vitamin D--In my skinny jeans


A month ago if you had asked me if I would ever be able to wear my jeans from last winter again that I talked about trying to fit back into this past August, I would have said the chances were not very likely.  I did the Couch to 5K program, I did a month of a whole foods fast, and nothing was working to get me back into my favorite jeans.

I went three months this winter not having one single pair of jeans that fit.  I refused to spend money to buy a pair of "fat jeans."  But mid-December I broke down and bought one lonely pair of jeans to tide me over until I lost the weight.  My old jeans sat in my closet taunting me..."Na na na na boo boo, you can't wear me."

A week into my Trim Healthy Mama diet, with 7 pounds lost, I decided to try on my old jeans just to see how much more I had to lose before I could fit into them again.  I pulled them on, buttoned them up and then let out my breath.  Well.  I could button them.  That was a start.  Of course I couldn't breathe so well in them.  But I could button them!  That's more than I could do a month ago.

Today, two and a half weeks into my diet, with 9 pounds lost, I tried the jeans on again.  I zipped them up, I buttoned them.  I let out my breath...and nothing.  What?!  No big blubbery belly hanging over the waist band of my jeans???  No stomach cramps from wearing too tight pants???

WOOHOO!!!!!

I emailed my mom and sister because I needed someone to celebrate with me.  Because this was a big accomplishment that sort of felt rather hopeless just a few short weeks ago.  And this is just the beginning.  One day I'm going to put on these jeans and walk right out of them because they're that much too big for me.

I spent a lot of years (almost eight of them to be exact) thinking that this whole weight loss thing was hopeless.  I lost the weight after having David, but not so much after having Lizzy or Joy.  Even when I tried the weight didn't budge.  So why is it working for me this time around?  I have no idea other than to assume that this plan actually works for me.  It's a way of eating that I can do for the rest of my life.

So yeah!

1 comment:

  1. I have just started the thm.... came across your site through a link to your post on 20 lbs lost on the fb page.... just wanted to say HI ... and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete